5.17.2011

Cinnamon Roll Cookies...


After the Blogger Fiasco of last week, I got discouraged when my Strawberry Chiffon Pie draft/post disappeared.  Then, I found these.

Normally I tinker and fiddle with recipes, but for this one, I used the sugar cookie recipe over at Picky Palate dead-on. 

It was perfect, moist, flavorful, easy to work with, and tastes AHMAZING when slathered with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. 

Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies
(Recipe from Picky Palate)
(Printable Recipe)
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Softened Butter
3 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup Sour Cream
6 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt


Filling
12 Tablespoons Softened Butter (You'll use about 2 per oval, which will total 12 TBSP.)
1 1/2 Cups Packed Light Brown Sugar, divided into 1/4 Cups
1 1/2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon, divided

(Not gonna lie, I used ZERO measurements for the filling, I just sprinkled and slathered until I was satisfied these cookies would oooooooze butter and brown sugar.)

Frosting
8 oz Softened Cream Cheese (I used Philly)

1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
2-4 Tablespoons Milk

1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla (I used Vanilla Bean Paste, mostly due to my current obsession..)


1. With your mixer, cream the sugar and butter. Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream until well combined. Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until you've produced a uniform, well combined dough.

2. In 2 separate batches, place the dough in plastic wrap and form into a disc shape.  Chill for at least 2 hours for best results.

3. Once chilled, cut each disc into thirds and roll into an approximate 1/8 inch thick oval, about 12 inches X 5 inches.   (I worked with 1/3 at a time and put the rest in the fridge so it would stay firm.  Soft dough=sad dough.

Spread each rolled piece of dough with 2 Tablespoons softened butter, 1/4 Cup packed brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.  (Again, no measuring, just slapped it on!)

Starting from the long end closest to you, roll into a log shape.  Using a sharp knife, cut 1/2 inch pieces of dough then placing onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet.

4.  To prepare frosting, beat the cream cheese until softened and smooth, slowly add powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until desired consistency. 

Frost cookies then place in refrigerator until ready to serve. 

Makes at least 6 Dozen cookies. 

Like it states on Picky Palate, these cookies are just a little bit better after they've chilled in the fridge for a bit. 

Most of mine didn't make it there. 

Or get frosting. 

Or even completely cooled. 

I'm linking this up at Tea Party Tuesday.  :)

9 comments:

  1. Ok, I say alot that "I'm going to makes these" but I am FOR SURE going to make these! Thank you so much for sharing sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE to! These are SO addictive and deliciious, I want to make some every day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my kids and husband will REALLY love me if I made them. No matter how much I annoyed them during the week these will make up for it. Bookmarking these! Thanks for sharing Jen.
    (PS picky-palate is a kewl blog. I'm digging it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Farrah, I promise, they will love you MORE! They're delicious, and every batch I make disappears faster than the last! Picky Palate IS a cool blog, I love it!! I'm so happy I strayed from "regular" blogging to come over to the food side!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmmm, slathered with butter & brown sugar - HECK YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. why yes...I would LOVE to have these for my tea party. Like 6 dozen! Thanks for linking up your amazing talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect! I'm hosting a baby shower for my niece in a month and this is just wonderful and yummy!!! Can you make me a few dozen for my guests? THANK YOU!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I would love it if you came over and shared at Savory Sunday! The hope is open until saturday night :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandy; everything is delicious when something gets slathered on it, no?

    Trish; My pleasure! Thank YOU for hosting!

    Fabby; Sure thing! lol. :) They're SO good, and really simple!

    Amanda: Thank you so much, I got this late but I'll share for sure this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...