3.16.2011

Drizzle Ma' Nizzle...

With a container of *gasp* leftover cookie dough in my fridge, I knew I needed to bake something before I ate all the dough. 

Like, yesterday..

With that in mind, I also knew that I didn't just want cookies, I wanted something more..

It hit me that I'd read an amazing recipe over at Bake or Break the other day. 

I had to make it.  So do you.

You'll thank me.  Your pants might not, but your family and friends will!


Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
Recipe adapted courtesy of The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook via Bake or Break. 
(Printable Recipe)

Crust
1 & 1/2 C Graham Crumbs
5 T Melted Butter
2/3 C Mini Chocolate Chips (I used regular siuze, it's what I had..)
~Preheat oven to 325°,  Butter a 9" square baking pan and line with parchment paper.  (Leave enough to extend over sides of pan.)  Butter the parchment paper.
~Combine graham crumbs and butter until moistened, add chocolate chips. 
~Press into bottom of pan and 1" up sides.  Bake for 6 minutes.  Set on wire rack to cool.

Cookie Dough

5 T Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1/3 C packed light brown sugar
3 T Sugar
1/8 t Salt
1 t Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips

~Using an electric mixer, mix butter, brown sugar, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract at medium speed until smooth. Decrease mixer speed to low and add flour. Mix just until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
(For this part, I suspect had I used this particular recipe for the dough, the cookies would have had a different texture, more "dough-like", I had dough from actual cookies left over, so I used that, the outcome was chewy cookie inside the cream cheese mixture and crispier tops.)
Filling
1 1/4 C Cream Cheese, Softened
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Large egg, at room temperature
1 t vanilla extract

~Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar just until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract, beating just until blended.
Pour batter into baked crust. Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls over the top of the filling.
Bake about 30 minutes, or until set. Transfer to wire rack to cool.

Drizzle Ma' Nizzle...
For chocolate topping, melt 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave. Add about 1/2 tablespoon of butter if necessary to make chocolate smooth. Drizzle over top of bars. Cool bars in pan completely, about an hour.  (I used 1/4 cup and had plenty, with some left over.  If you want more drizzle, use the full 1/3 Cup.)

Cut into squares and place on gut serve!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...